Please contact us when you no longer need your ad to be posted.
Internships / Apprenticeships
- Virginia Drywall, Inc. offers Apprenticeships in the following Trades: Metal Framers/Drywall Hangers and Finishers. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Contact: Brenda Guise at (757) 460-0999 or e-mail Brenda@va-drywall.com
- Comfort Systems of Virginia offers Apprenticeships in the following Trades: Sheet Metal Worker; Welder; Pipefitter; Plumber; & HVAC Technicians. Enrollment every June. Contact: Ashley Shelburne at (757) 558-6007 or e-mail email@example.com
HP DESIGNJET T2500 WIDE FORMAT PRINTER – Sussex Development is selling a gently used wide format HP Designjet T2500 All-in-One Printer. Unit holds 2 sizes of roll paper. Print, scan or copy up to 600 dpi, in sizes up to 36” x 300’ and is network capable. Asking $3,500. For more info call 757-422-2400.
NEW STOW MIXER – Only used once. Clean and new 4 cubic , It has just been sitting and do not need. Will take $1,000.00 serious inquires only. Contact: Amy Alley, Tile Concepts – Phone: 757-405-5555 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LANDSCAPE TIMBER – 8″ x 8″ x 8′ Long, Yellow Pine, Pressure Treated Timber. Available Qty: 186 Price: $60.00 each Contact Brian Morete, McKenzie Construction Corp., Phone: 757-422-6177; Email: email@example.com
- SUPERINTENDENT/CQC – Extensive DOD Construction experience. Seeking full-time employment with general contractor. Experience in large scale building renovations, and new construction including design build and design bid build. Extensive knowledge of FAR and related Federal regulations. Possess Army Corps Construction Management Certification, RLD Cert, 40 Hour EM-385-1-1 SSHO Training Cert. Resume & references upon request. Contact C. Scott Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR/QC – Electrical estimator with over 40-years experience in the construction industry in Hampton Roads. I have experience with electrical estimating, project management and quality control. I have worked in the commercial, medical, government and industrial markets. Available for part time or as needed work. Please contact me at email@example.com and/or 757-361-2485.
- TAKE OFF OR QUALITY CONTROL POSITION – Project Manager with 40-years in our industry in Hampton Roads. I can do document review, take off, identify change conditions, and quality control review. Part time of as needed for general contractor or subcontractors. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or 757-361-2485.
- CONTROLLER – Looking for Controller position in the Hampton Roads area. 25 years of experience in the construction industry. Financials, percentage of complete accounting, cost fade analysis, financials, lien waivers, contracts and all job related AIA forms. Email: email@example.com. Call: 315-796-3640
- PROJECT MANAGER – Experienced (40+ years) Project Manager seeks position. Available immediately. Residential, Commercial, Historic Renovations, Tenant Build-Outs, Development. Able to deliver projects On Schedule, On Budget while meeting clients’ expectations. Resume available upon request. Contact Vince Ewell, Phone: 757-469-3208, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT – Growing Hampton Roads General Contractor seeking an experienced GC Superintendent to join our team/family and oversee commercial construction projects. This position requires the candidate to provide on-site coordination for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety. Valid driver’s license and decent driving record. OSHA 30/CPR-First Aid/QC Certifications all preferred. Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
- SUMMER JOBS – Parking Lot Maintenance, Inc. is hiring for summer jobs and full-time positions. Earn a competitive wage and develop trade skills all while working outdoors. Driver’s license preferred. Contact us on-line at www.parkinglotmaintenance.com; in person at 737 Shields Rd, Newport News, VA 23608 or by phone at 757-876-2520. Parking Lot Maintenance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- BOOKKEEPER / ACCOUNTING CLERK – Class A Commercial General Contractor in VB is seeking a Bookkeeper/Accounting Clerk for a part-time position, potentially leading to full-time. Ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role. Individual shall possess a strong work ethic and be dependable and detail-oriented, with excellent communication and time-management skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook. Salary commensurate with experience and attitude. EOE. Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BOOKKEEPER – Established Commercial General Construction Company looking for a Bookkeeper to handle every day accounting needs. Must be experienced and proficient in QuickBooks. Daily task will be entering invoices (construction experience and Government Agency Invoicing a plus), paying invoices, keeping up with daily deposits, entering project specific billings, and handling all tax related items and business licenses. Must be detail oriented, professional, and knowledgeable in all aspects of payroll, insurances, and taxes. Salary commensurate with experience. Please send resume and salary requirements to: Sarah@csi-db.com
- GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT / LEAD AUTO MECHANIC / ROOFING and SHEET METAL MECHANICS / HELPERS and LABORERS – At J.D. Miles & Sons, Inc. we build great people to do extraordinary things. We just happen to be in roofing, and we are growing! We are looking for new team members for the following: General Superintendent: Project management for various commercial roofing and residential projects simultaneously. Oversee crews for daily execution of projects. Must have clean DMV and criminal check and be able to get on base. Spanish and CDL are pluses. Lead Auto Mechanic: Fleet of about 50 pick-up trucks, heavy dump trucks, boom truck, forklifts, scissor lifts and other equipment. CDL is required. Roofing and sheet metal Mechanics: 2 years experience low slope or steep slope roofing. Must have tools. Helpers and Laborers: All positions open to start your career! Competitive pay, benefits. Must pass a post -offer drug test. Equal opportunity employer. Will pay for pro-certification and education if needed. To apply, visit https://www.miles-roofing.com/employment.html, Email: email@example.com or call 757-545-5912.
- MECHANICAL & PLUMBING ESTIMATOR – We are looking for an estimator who will work with our business unit directors in preparing mechanical, piping, and plumbing estimates and bid packages for plan/spec and design/build projects. We are looking for an individual strong in both commercial mechanical and plumbing estimating. Requirements – Deliver specification review, analysis of the scope of work, preparation of take offs for rough in materials and quoted items, scope preparation for subcontractors (ductwork, controls, insulation, etc.) on plan/spec and design/build projects; Assists in collecting bids from vendors and subcontractors; Provides initial material and subcontractor budgets; Deliver bid packages to the business units on time. Qualifications and Experience – A minimum of 5 years of experience in developing estimates for plan/spec and design/build projects for a commercial mechanical contractor; AutoBid, Excel and Blue Beam Software Experience Preferred; Demonstrated abilities to manage multiple projects/initiatives and to meet imposed deadlines; Demonstrated skills with estimating and bidding software, tools and methodologies; Superior computer skills in Excel; Demonstrated skills and problem solving abilities in bid deadline situations. Send response to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LEAD DMLSS CLERK/MATERIAL HANDLER – EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Lead DMLSS Clerk/Material Handler in Ft. Belvoir, VA. The Lead DMLLS Clerk/Material Handler provides oversight to the work request process and from the hospital staff, enters the information into DMLLS to generate a work order, dispatch the appropriate EMCOR trades personnel and provides training to the DMLLS Clerks. This position requires an advanced understanding of the client DMLLS software system. Additionally, this position, manages the vendor material procurement and payroll process. The position requires both strong organizational and courteous communication skills in a team environment. Teamwork is essential to the success of this position. We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled. For complete job description and to apply directly to the position, please click the following link: Lead DMLSS Clerk/Material Handler
- ADMIN ASSISTANT / BOOKKEEPER – Commercial Mechanical Contractor in Virginia Beach is seeking an Admin Assistant / Bookkeeper. Prior bookkeeping experience is preferred. QUICKBOOKS, Microsoft Excel needed. Would like a quick learner with time management skills must be able to multi-task and have organizational skills. We are looking for someone who is dependable, motivated, and pays attention to detail. We are an EEO employer. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits available. EOE/M/F/H/V Job Type: Full-time Pay: $10.00 – $20.00 per hour Please reply to: email@example.com
- OFFICE ASSISTANT – Suffolk General Contractor/Utility Contractor has an opening for a full-time office assistant. Must be organized, multi-tasker, detail oriented, proficient computer skills with office programs, word, excel. Able to follow and complete paper- work from multi project managers / management. Knowledge/Prior experience required. Office duties, but not limited to accounts payable, office supplies, office phones, job set up, logging time, safety sheets, filing job files. Dependable transportation and able to work around animals. Salary commensurate with experience. Drug free/EOE workplace. Interested candidates forward resume and experience/salary requirements to Bskinner@cpgincorp.com or Call (757) 488-7228.
- ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER – Local construction management firm seeking a full time position for Assistant Project Manager. Must have a minimum of 3 years-experience in managing commercial, hard-bid and design-build projects. Candidates with a BS in Engineering and/or Construction Management preferred. EOE. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- SAFETY SPECIALIST – Hampton Roads Mechanical of VA is looking for a safety professional to join our team to promote and maintain our company safety program. The safety specialist will encourage teamwork and prevent accidents by working closely with our management team and our field employees. The successful candidate will possess core values that complement the positive culture of our current program. For the right candidate, this position will present plenty of opportunity to learn and grow. We truly hope you will consider joining our team. Please send your resume to Charlie Adams at email@example.com if you are interested.
- PROJECT MANAGER – RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION – Local builder/developer seeking a self-motivated project manager to oversee building of 12 residential units, form permitting to punch-out. Must have at least 10 years’ experience in residential construction, great relationship, and communication with subcontractors. Ability to value engineer is a plus. Offer competitive pay, health, dental, 401-K and bonus potential. Please email resume with references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BOOKKEEPER – Construction Company seeking part time Bookkeeper for data entry into Quickbooks and minor administrative duties. 15-20 hours per week in the early part of the week, Monday through Wednesday. Some flexibility how hours on these days can be set up. Must have some Quick Books experience and be proficient with MS Excel. Construction or related industry experience helpful but not required. Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
- LEAD STATIONARY ENGINEER – EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Lead Stationary Engineer in Ft. Belvoir, VA. The Building Engineer monitors all the major mechanical systems of the hospital through the use of various monitoring systems. The Building Engineer is responsible to respond during fire alarm situations and assists the Fort Belvoir Fire Department. This is a position that requires clear and effective communication skills plus the operational understanding of numerous mechanical systems to include but not limited to building HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems. Previous experience in a hospital environment is a plus. For a complete description and to apply, visit www.emcorgovservices.com. #LEADS10979
- STEAMFITTER JOURNEYMAN – EMCOR Services CES has an immediate need for a Journeyman Steamfitter in Arlington, VA. The Steamfitter will respond and complete daily service orders and preventive maintenance tasks. This work shall include the inspection, service, maintenance, start-up testing, balancing, adjusting, repair, modification and replacement of mechanical systems and equipment, including refrigeration, heating and related controls and piping. Duties may include the handling, setting, moving, hanging, loading and unloading, laying out, fabrication, assembling, erection, installing, maintaining, servicing, repairing, reconditioning, adjusting, altering and dismantling of all pipe or piping systems, parts, fixtures and appliances and appurtenances for heating systems whether by steam, gas, hot water, vapor or any other method; and ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration, cooling, power piping, industrial and mechanical process piping, temperature control systems and high and low pressure boilers. Must possess a Journeyman or higher HVAC license issued by Maryland, DC or Virginia. Must possess a Universal CFC EPA refrigeration certification. At least seven (7) years of experience working as a Steamfitter is preferred. Completion of a steamfitter or pipefitter training program at a vocational or technical school or a recognized apprenticeship program in the steamfitter or pipefitter trade is required. Must have a current and valid driver’s license. Unless a higher degree is specified in this job posting, all positions require a minimum high school diploma or equivalent (GED). For a complete description and to apply, visit www.emcorgovservices.com/careers #STEAM11374
- CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATOR / ASSISTANT ESTIMATOR – E.T. Gresham Company is Class A General Contractor and Construction Manager that serves public and private clients throughout Southeastern Virginia. We have an immediate opening for a qualified Construction Estimator or Assistant Estimator to join our team in Norfolk, VA. Depending on experience, you will oversee/assist with project planning, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation. Requirements include prior estimating experience in construction or a related industry, as well as the ability to communicate effectively, meet deadlines, and thrive in a collaborative environment. Pay will be commensurate with experience, qualifications & relevant history in the field of construction. Download our employment application (http://etgresham.com/employment/) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (757) 625-7705.
- CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENTS – RRMM Design Build seeks top quality construction Superintendents to oversee commercial construction ground up and/or major renovation projects in the $2M – 20M range. Requirements are a minimum of 10 years’ experience in building construction, good client and leadership skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to multi-task, and computer knowledge in Word and Excel. Multifamily experience is a plus. We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. References, copies of your driving record, and OSHA training certification will be required. Apply with resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. EOE
- CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR – The Contract Administrator directs activities concerned with contracts for the construction department. The CA is responsible for preparing bid documents, and negotiating specifications for materials, equipment, or other construction services. The CA secures all necessary approvals and ensures that standard company procedures are followed and monitors compliance to contract requirements ensuring all conditions are satisfied before approval of the final invoice. The CA relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. The CA works under immediate supervision of the Senior Project Manager and closely with the project managers/superintendents. Reply to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- COMMERCIAL SUPERINTENDENT – Commercial General Contractor seeking for an experienced Commercial Superintendent. Responsible for managing the job site and subcontractors. Must be able to maintain a safe and clean jobsite. 5-10 years of experience working for a general contractor preferred. Submit resume to email@example.com
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – Newport News/Ft Eustis Area-Construction Company looking for full-time employee to assist in day-to-day office management. Work includes customer relations, managing contract files, submittals, purchase orders, subcontracts, database management, etc. Experience with Microsoft Office. Dependable, good work ethic and ability to work with others. EEO. Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org
- OUTSIDE SALES REP – Whitlock Brothers, Inc is seeking an Outside Sales Representative to join our team! You will work to continue business with existing clientele and seek to acquire new clients within an established territory in the Williamsburg & Richmond area. Responsibilities: Present and sell construction materials, tools, and equipment to new and existing customers, Prospect and contact potential customers, Reach agreed upon sales targets by the deadline, Resolve customer inquiries and complaints, Set follow-up appointments to keep customers aware of latest developments, Create sales material to present to customers. Qualifications: Previous experience in sales, customer service, or other related fields, Familiarity with the residential, commercial, and infrastructure construction, Ability to build rapport with clients, Strong negotiation skills, Deadline and detail-oriented. Job Type: Full-time. Pay: From $700.00 per week. Please send resume to email@example.com
- SALES COORDINATOR – Job Type: Full-time. Salary: $34-36k/year + monthly tiered bonus based on sales team hitting goals or YOY. Schedule: Full-time (Monday – Friday, 40 hours/week) Whitlock Brothers is looking for a highly-qualified sales coordinator, to help navigate the day to day sales efforts at our fast pace Norfolk sales office. Candidates should have strong sales support experience and a strong desire to provide our customers with better service than our competitors. This position requires an individual who is highly motivated and exhibits strong organizational & communication skills. Their duties will include but are not limited to providing general office support, maintaining accurate records and files, sales forms, and other documents in Excel as well as customized presentations in Power Point, and coordinating and attending meetings with clients, Provide Outside Sales Reps with product and/or customer sales information, quoting, and product specs, both in person and over the phone, Assistant to the Sales Manager, Manage customer experience by providing a seamless interface between all internal departments (from sales to delivery to invoicing), Handle special orders and advanced pricing, and all paperwork to document all steps of the sale through completion, Responds to customer inquiries regarding product selection, placement of orders, requests for quotations, complaints, and scheduling of deliveries, and providing customer follow-ups, Coordinate purchase and delivery of special products , Obtain information on pricing specifications, uses, and availability, Inputs customer orders, pricing information, and additional data into the computer system, Create sales orders, Research credits, returns, and late payments as needed, Gather and communicate accurate directions to job sites, Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, Provide after sale customer follow-up, Timely and accurate completion of all paperwork, Accurately maintain job files, Accurately track order progress, Regularly call customers to schedule deliveries, Assist outside salesperson as directed, Maintain a high level of personal organization and time management, Timely completion of special projects, Maintain a synergistic relationship among all employees, Adhere to company policies and procedures, Complies with Company’s attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance. Other duties as assigned by location management. Experience and/or Educational Requirements: Minimum education required— High School Diploma or GED. Minimum experience required— knowledgeable of construction supply industry. Special skills required— Ability to operate computer. Knowledge of construction supplies, applications, related equipment, and/or construction industry. Good interpersonal and customer relations skills and excellent oral and written communication skills. Should be familiar with inventory and inventory control. Confidentiality requirement at all times, Highly developed interpersonal skills, Detail oriented and able to handle multiple time-sensitive tasks in a fast-paced environment. Physical demands include the ability to lift 25lbs. on a consistent basis and 50lbs or more on a random basis. Bending stooping or sitting for long periods of time. Demonstrates good time management skills and ability to multi-task; meets all deadlines. Solves problems and suggests solutions, Self-motivator and works well independently, Takes pride in work and strives to achieve accuracy in all projects, Attention to detail and strong analytical skills, Creative and resourceful, Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook). Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- MECHANICAL PROJECT MANAGER – HVAC Commercial contractor looking for a Mechanical Project Manager with Mechanical experience. We are located in Va. Beach and do all types of commercial work. The Project Manager manages jobs, review submittals, works on RFI’s and change orders. Visit job sites. We pay half of all family health and dental Insurance, cell phone provided, holidays, great pay, and many other benefits. Please join our team. Contact: Anna Ragan 333-7248 or email email@example.com
- INSIDE SALES/CUSTOMER SERVICE – Assist walk in and call in customers with pricing on fire protection products and provide general administrative assistance. Excellent Opportunity! Must be customer focused, detail oriented and reliable. Vacation/Health Insurance/401K Send resume to: BArthur@hillercompanies.com Hiller Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- SERVICE MANAGER – Hiller Systems has a Service Manager position available for busy service department. Must have fire protection background and previous experience leading a team is preferable. Hiller Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vacation/Health Insurance/401K Send resume to: BArthur@hillercompanies.com
- SPRINKLER FOREMAN – Position available for an experienced sprinkler foreman. Send resume to BArthur@hillercompanies.com. 401K/Health Insurance/Short & Long Term Disability/Paid Vacation. Signing Bonus!
- ADMIN ASSISTANT (Yorktown) – Construction firm is looking for an Admin Assistant / Bookkeeper. Will consider full / part time. Prior bookkeeping experience is preferred. QUICKBOOKS, Microsoft Excel desired but not required. Would like a quick learner with time management skills must be able to multi-task and have organizational skills. We are looking for someone who is dependable, motivated, and pays attention to detail. Please respond with salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org We are an EEO employer.