Please contact us when you no longer need your ad to be posted.
Internships / Apprenticeships
- Virginia Drywall, Inc. offers Apprenticeships in the following Trades: Metal Framers/Drywall Hangers and Finishers. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Contact: Brenda Guise at (757) 460-0999 or e-mail Brenda@va-drywall.com
- Comfort Systems of Virginia offers Apprenticeships in the following Trades: Sheet Metal Worker; Welder; Pipefitter; Plumber; & HVAC Technicians. Enrollment every June. Contact: Ashley Shelburne at (757) 558-6007 or e-mail email@example.com
HP DESIGNJET T2500 WIDE FORMAT PRINTER – Sussex Development is selling a gently used wide format HP Designjet T2500 All-in-One Printer. Unit holds 2 sizes of roll paper. Print, scan or copy up to 600 dpi, in sizes up to 36” x 300’ and is network capable. Asking $3,500. For more info call 757-422-2400.
NEW STOW MIXER – Only used once. Clean and new 4 cubic , It has just been sitting and do not need. Will take $1,000.00 serious inquires only. Contact: Amy Alley, Tile Concepts – Phone: 757-405-5555 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LANDSCAPE TIMBER – 8″ x 8″ x 8′ Long, Yellow Pine, Pressure Treated Timber. Available Qty: 186 Price: $60.00 each Contact Brian Morete, McKenzie Construction Corp., Phone: 757-422-6177; Email: email@example.com
- SUPERINTENDENT/CQC – Extensive DOD Construction experience. Seeking full-time employment with general contractor. Experience in large scale building renovations, and new construction including design build and design bid build. Extensive knowledge of FAR and related Federal regulations. Possess Army Corps Construction Management Certification, RLD Cert, 40 Hour EM-385-1-1 SSHO Training Cert. Resume & references upon request. Contact C. Scott Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ELECTRICAL ESTIMATOR/QC – Electrical estimator with over 40-years experience in the construction industry in Hampton Roads. I have experience with electrical estimating, project management and quality control. I have worked in the commercial, medical, government and industrial markets. Available for part time or as needed work. Please contact me at email@example.com and/or 757-361-2485.
- TAKE OFF OR QUALITY CONTROL POSITION – Project Manager with 40-years in our industry in Hampton Roads. I can do document review, take off, identify change conditions, and quality control review. Part time of as needed for general contractor or subcontractors. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or 757-361-2485.
- FULL CHARGE BOOKKEEPER – I have 25 years, mostly in construction, performing full charge bookkeeping duties. AP, AR, Payroll, Payroll Taxes, Audits, human resources. I am seeking a full-time position. Available immediately. Please call Beverly Meier at 757 560 1404 or email email@example.com.
- CONTROLLER – Looking for Controller position in the Hampton Roads area. 25 years of experience in the construction industry. Financials, percentage of complete accounting, cost fade analysis, financials, lien waivers, contracts and all job related AIA forms. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Call: 315-796-3640
- PROJECT MANAGER – Experienced (40+ years) Project Manager seeks position. Available immediately. Residential, Commercial, Historic Renovations, Tenant Build-Outs, Development. Able to deliver projects On Schedule, On Budget while meeting clients’ expectations. Resume available upon request. Contact Vince Ewell, Phone: 757-469-3208, Email: email@example.com
- REGIONAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR – At Clancy & Theys, we develop and empower talented teams to provide innovative solutions while delivering an exceptional construction experience. Over the last 70 years, we have built a legacy founded on safety, stewardship, passion, and collaboration. In both our work and our relationships, we aim to always do the right thing, the right way…that’s the Clancy Way. We are currently seeking to expand our team with a dynamic Director for Business Development to lead our strategic and operational marketing initiatives and customer relationship activities in our Virginia Division. Join our team and be part of the Clancy legacy. Find out more details and apply through our LinkedIn job post at https://lnkd.in/d_wvmdn.
- SERVICE COORDINATOR – Provide comprehensive support to service field and office team by overseeing service process from call in-take and service ticket dispatch to receiving information from field and communicating to customers. Communicate and respond to customer needs timely and with a sense of urgency to resolve issues. Support department needs such as answering calls, repair documentation assistance, invoicing and collecting and other administrative needs. Maintain AR reports to reflect past due invoices and memos regarding payment status on open invoices as well as communication to customers on current invoices. Serve as a resource for service support, by providing information, answering questions, and assisting local and national customers as needed. Overall support to the Service Department utilizing marketing material and social media platforms to promote all areas and services provided. Apply to: Email – Rob Morgan firstname.lastname@example.org
- RECEPTIONIST – We are seeking a full-time front desk receptionist with experience in an office setting and/or construction. This position requires strong administrative skills to include: Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), Extremely detail oriented, Excellent organizational skills, Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, Time Management skills, Ability to multi-task. The position will require candidates to be able to multi-task, problem solve, and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times. Individuals that do not excel in multi-tasking, attention to detail and problem solving should not apply. Duties include: Answering, screening, and directing phone calls, Assisting all departments, Provide general clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing, and copying, Data entry, Ensuring common areas are organized and well-kept, Filing. Position includes: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K (after waiting period), Competitive pay. Contact: Crystal Watson, J.S. Archer Company, Inc., 10466 Dow Gil Rd., Ashland, VA 23005-7639, 804-798-0400, Email: email@example.com
- COMMERCIAL PLUMBING ESTIMATOR/PROJECT MANAGER – Adam Myers Plumbing, Inc. is a Commercial Plumbing Contractor in Virginia Beach, seeking an Experienced Plumbing Estimator and Project Manager with skills in blueprint reading and design-build knowledge. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, and IRA. Compensation based on experience. Qualified applicants submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. For questions contact Adam or Doug at 757-460-4904.
- CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER/ESTIMATOR – We are a Commercial Construction Co. in Hampton Rds., seeking an Experienced Construction Project Manager/Estimator with at least 5 years’ experience. Knowledge of Project Management for Metal Framing (Heavy/Light Gauge), Trusses, Drywall, Insulation, ACT Ceilings as well as, Commercial and Federal projects beneficial. Responsibilities to include but not limited to having the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. Knowledge with Onscreen Takeoff a plus. Benefits include Health Insurance, Paid Vacation, 401(K)/Profit Sharing. Compensation based on experience. Interested & qualified applicants please submit your resume to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DRYWALL FRAMERS, HANGERS & COMMERCIAL CARPENTERS – Virginia Drywall Inc. is looking for qualified drywall mechanics for a large scale project in Virginia Beach. Metal stud framers, drywall hangers, & commercial carpenters with 2 years of experience or more can apply at 1431 Air Rail Ave Suite B, Virginia Beach, VA 23455 from 6:30 am-4: 00 pm. Health insurance, 401K, and other benefits are offered. Interested & qualified applicants please submit your resume to the following email: email@example.com
- CONSTRUCTION MANAGER – General Definitions and Conditions of Work: Performs complex professional work enforcing standards for construction and alteration of school facilities; serves as Project Manager overseeing and managing school construction projects; does related work as required. Work is performed under general supervision. Supervision is exercised over assigned personnel. This is light work requiring the exertion of up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects; work requires climbing, reaching, standing, and walking; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels, and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make find distinctions in sound; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, hazards, and atmospheric conditions. Essential Functions/Typical Tasks: Monitors the construction of school projects; enforcing standards; providing technical information and advice; maintaining records and files; preparing reports; Prepares cost estimates as needed; Assists New Construction and Planning staff in the school planning process; Prepares and assists with the preparation of RFP’s; evaluates responses and helps select consultants and contractors; Attends meetings, bid opening and conferences regarding construction projects; Reviews design and construction documents for conformance with recognized standards; Resolves all on-site project specific issues in conjunction with New Construction team and general contractor; Provides regular project updates on construction projects to New Construction and Operations staff; Ensures projects remain within budget; Monitors changes in construction methods; Communicates CPS goals regarding construction project to general contractor; Proficient in understanding/reviewing building plans and specifications; Provides direction to CPS construction inspector; Evaluates progress payment requests from the general contractor in conjunction with staff and architect; Inspects proposed sites and schools under construction or undergoing alteration to enforce applicable standards, ensuring conformance with structural, engineering, design and contractual requirements; Visits project sites to check progress resolve conflicts and problems; Discusses methods of design and construction with architects, contractors, inspectors, code enforcement officials and school staff; Ensures other agencies are notified of needs; Reviews documents for owner-furnished items and coordinates with the acquisition of items; Gathers and compiles data for furnishing and equipment needs; assists with furnishing and equipment layouts; and Performs related tasks as required. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Working knowledge of the theories, principles and practices of architectural design, structural design, plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems, and civil engineering as applied to the development and construction of school projects; Serve as the Project Manager on projects and to make comprehensive recommendations on problems; Ability to draft, review, interpret and critique project plans and specifications; Ability to work as a team member on multiple highly complex K-12 construction and major maintenance projects; Ability to plan projects and direct the work of subordinates; Ability to calculate complex cost estimates and prepare technical reports; Ability to compose, organize, and maintain complete electronic files for assigned projects; Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, contractors and the general public; Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both orally and in writing. Education and Experience: Any combinations of experience and/or education equivalent to extensive experience in the construction/renovation of complex educational facilities, including K-12 facilities, and/or graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in construction administration. Special Requirements: Possession of or ability to acquire appropriate license(s), certificate(s), and/or endorsements(s) for positions as required by the Commonwealth of Virginia and School Board. For questions regarding the application process, please contact Sue Winslow at 757-547-0001 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- PROJECT MANAGER ASSISTANT FOR GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR – MIG GOV is currently accepting resumes for an experienced Project Management Assistant who is familiar with government systems and processes. Must be able to gain top security clearance – base access. Full Time, Full Benefits, Salary position. Please send resumes to email@example.com
- CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT – Heartland Construction, Inc. is seeking a Project Superintendent with commercial construction experience on K-12 educational facilities, government projects, and other commercial-type projects with values in excess of $15M. The ideal candidate should have extensive knowledge of subcontractor management, scheduling, and general construction principles. OSHA 30, Fall Protection, and 24-Hour Competent Safety Training are required. Heartland Construction has project opportunities in Hampton Roads, Richmond, and on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. Heartland Construction is an established, reputable company and offers competitive pay and benefit packages. Heartland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER – Complete Description: Heartland Construction, Inc. is seeking an experienced commercial construction PROJECT MANAGER. The ideal candidate will possess experience with K-12 educational facilities, government contracts and private design/build projects; inclusive of projects with values in excess of $15M. In addition, candidate must be proficient in project scheduling, contract negotiations and cost-control. Heartland’s projects are located throughout Hampton Roads and extend into both the Richmond and Eastern Shore of Virginia markets. Heartland Construction offers competitive pay and benefit packages which will be discussed in detail during the interview process. Heartland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send resume to email@example.com.
- PROJECT MANAGER ASSISTANT – We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic Project Manager Assistant. This individual must be very organized and detail oriented, preferably with at least 3 years of PMA experience in General Contracting. Send resume to: Lyndsey Davis, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SUPERINTENDENT / QC – Immediate position is available for a Superintendent/QC with Tuskegee Contracting, LLC. Government construction experience is required – 2-yrs Superintendent and 5-yrs Quality Control. Send resume to email@example.com and call (757) 723-3989 with any questions.
- PROJECT MANAGER – Immediate position is available for a Project Manager with Tuskegee Contracting, LLC. 5-yrs. government construction experience is required. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and call (757) 723-3989 with any questions.
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT / ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT – Suffolk General Contractor/Utility Contractor has an opening for a full-time assistant. Must be organized, Multi-tasker, detail oriented, proficient computer skills with office programs, word, excel. Knowledge/experience with purchase orders, contracts, and subcontracts, change orders & logs, invoicing, accounts payable. Good work ethic communication skills. Dependable transportation and must be able to work around animals. Salary commensurate with experience. Drug free/EOE work- place. No phone calls. Interested candidates forward resume and experience/salary requirements to Bskinner@cpgincorp.com.
- GARAGE DOOR TECHNICIAN – Lion Garage Door is the areas leader in residential garage door replacement and repair services. We are #1 in client satisfaction. We are hiring high performance, experienced garage door installation and service professionals. Your specific duties as a Garage Door Technician include: Performing inspections and repairs for residential garage door customers, Determine best offerings appropriate to client, Using iPad to complete service details and record job data. We Will Train the right candidate. Experience and knowledge is preferred but hard work ethic is a must. Job Type: Full-Time. Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record, Must have a good attendance record with previous employers, Pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening. Please contact: Jenn Minor, Lion Garage Door, 2669 Production Rd., Suite 106, Virginia Beach VA 23454, Phone: 757-785-4432, Email: email@example.com
- BOOKKEEPER – Local concrete contractor is seeking an accountant to assist the Controller in processing of all types of business transactions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: Payroll Management, processing payroll and certified payroll reports weekly; Project Management, setting up new construction projects, tracking of lien waivers, progress billings and payments; Accounts Payable, entering supplier invoices, tracking of credit card purchases, certificate of insurance, W9s etc.; Other areas of responsibilities include updating equipment and vehicle lists, adding and removing assets from insurance policies, and providing general office support and other ad-hoc projects as needed. Salary – based on experience. Qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER – MIG GOV is looking for additional Senior Project Managers to oversee our government, municipal, and commercial projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: supervision of site superintendents, writing proposals, estimating costs, value engineering, subcontractor/vendor solicitation and developing and adhering to a construction schedule and budget. To learn more about our company please visit www.miggov.com. Qualified candidates please contact MIG GOV at (757)759-6165 or send your resume to: email@example.com
- FULL CHARGE BOOKKEEPER – Responsible for a variety of accounting functions in the areas of financial reporting, project margin analysis, cash management and taxes. Also responsible for payroll administration, insurance investigations, outside audits and administration of the Workers’ Compensation program. Essential skills and experience: 4 year accounting or business degree; Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management; Minimum seven years of relevant experience, with at least five years’ experience working in a construction company; Outstanding time management and organizational skills; Thorough knowledge of all relevant Federal, State and local requirements; Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; ComputerEase, or other accounting software skills; Procore usage; Problem analysis and problem resolution skills; Strong customer service orientation; high energy level; Intermediate computer skills; Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a wide cross section of individuals; Commitment to company values. Salary – Based on experience. Applicants should reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SALES REPRESENTATIVE – Small company looking for a part-time sales representative to promote final construction clean-up services. Candidate should be energetic and confident. Willing to train an entry level employee. Please contact: Thomas at 757-232-2988.
- COUNTER SALES REPRESENTATIVE – We are looking for an energetic, intelligent, and eager-to-learn person who has an interest in selling specialty concrete construction products and materials. This is a counter sales position that will require you to work in our Norfolk location. Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) answering phones, taking customer orders, help manage inventory, becoming knowledgeable of products and their applications and arranging orders for deliveries. Reliable transportation and living within 30 minutes of the location is required. Responsibilities: Welcome and identify customer needs; Explain products and services to customers; Monitor inventory to ensure product is in stock; Enter and process customer orders Investigate and resolve customer complaints. Qualifications: Previous experience in sales, customer service, or other related fields; Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; Ability to build rapport with customers; Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Strong computer skills; Reliable transportation. Benefits: Medical, 401K, Paid Vacation. Job Type: Full-time. Salary: $650.00 to $700.00 /week. Contact: Randy Curtiss, 757-461-3127; Email: email@example.com
- JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN – Dorey Electric Company has an immediate opening for a licensed Journeyman Electrician. CDL license, traffic signal, highway, commercial and IMSA Level 2 (all a plus). Top $$$, sign up bonus, benefits include company vehicle, health insurance, disability insurance, 401k, dental, bonuses, paid vacation. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- COMMERCIAL SUPERINTENDENT – Commercial General Contractor seeking for an experienced Commercial Superintendent. Responsible for managing the job site and subcontractors. Must be able to maintain a safe and clean jobsite. 5-10 years of experience working for a general contractor preferred. Submit resume to email@example.com
- PROJECT MANAGER – Local Underground Utility Contractor is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing projects within the decided-upon budget, timeline, and scope. Must possess 5+ years of experience in managing construction projects from the pre-construction process through the project close out. Competitive pay and benefits available. Interested and qualified applicants may submit their resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE/M/F/Disability/VET.
- CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR – The Contract Administrator directs activities concerned with contracts for the construction department. The CA is responsible for preparing bid documents, and negotiating specifications for materials, equipment, or other construction services. The CA secures all necessary approvals and ensures that standard company procedures are followed and monitors compliance to contract requirements ensuring all conditions are satisfied before approval of the final invoice. The CA relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. The CA works under immediate supervision of the Senior Project Manager and closely with the project managers/superintendents. Reply to email: email@example.com
- FULL CHARGE BOOKKEEPER CONTROLLER – Full Charge Bookkeeper for a Masonry Contractor. Must be clean, self-motivated, organized, pleasant to work with and have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the following areas: Full chart of accounts, daily activity, and general journal entries; Payroll preparation and payroll tax compliance, including quarterly and annual reports; Reconciliations – including accompanying journal entries; Accounts Payable; Accounts Receivable, invoicing customers and collecting and depositing receipts; Minor Human Resources responsibilities; Experience with construction accounting like AIA billings, progress billings etc.; Over/Under Billings; Excel and Word. Our current bookkeeper of fifteen years will stay on for a transition period. The following skills are a plus however not required: Certified Payroll; Managing GL and various types of Insurance Experience with Surety SAGE 100 Contractor software experience Computer and IT Skills Written communications. Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year Based on experience and skills Job Type: Full-time. Experience: relevant: 3 years (Preferred); Bookkeeping: 3 years (Required); accounting: 3 years (Preferred). Contact: George Powell, Union Brick Construction Corp., 1148 Loretta Lane, Virginia Beach, VA 23451; Phone: 757-497-1513; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ELECTRICIAN – Thornton Electrical Services Hiring Electrician and Helpers; Electrician must be experienced. Knowledge of Boat Lifts, Docks, and Generator work a plus. Residential and Commercial Work. Helpers! We will train the right person. Must be able to get into attics and under houses. Must have current VA driver’s license, clean driving record, tools, and drug free. Send resume/work history to Thornton.TamiJo@gmail.com or call Tony 757-438-1996
- LONG TERM EMPLOYEES – Our company, Built With Integrity, is looking to hire multiple employees who are willing to learn and work hard. We are a small local company based out of Hampton Roads who completes jobs on a fast paced schedule. We do everything from changing a light bulb to building water slides. We need someone who has a sense of construction and equipment. Experience and knowledge is preferred but hard work ethic is a must. Contact Tyler Hoaglad, Built With Integrity, 1024 Bells Road Suite 105, Virginia Beach, VA 23451; Phone: 757-419-1694
- COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATOR – S.B. Ballard Construction Company, a leading General Contractor/Construction Manager servicing the Mid-Atlantic region, headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA is seeking an Estimator to join our team. When applying for this position, please include project list as well as resume. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: • Estimate construction costs by collecting and studying information to provide the most accurate estimates possible. Controlling construction costs by maintaining open lines of communication with subcontractors, project managers and superintendents during the job bidding process through job completion. • Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities. • Prepares construction budget by studying plans and specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each item of work. • Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements. • Solicits bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials and scopes of work; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price. • Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information. • Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information. • Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. • Maintains quality service by following organization standards. • Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs. • Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. • Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Skills / Qualifications: • Analyzes information • Develops budgets • Develops and maintains vendor relationships • Demonstrates good reporting and documentation skills • Decision making • Teamwork • Quality focus • Minimum 10 years’ experience as estimator • Experience estimating commercial jobs in $5M-$150M dollar range • Knowledge of project management, job costs analysis, MS programs and Timberline estimating software. The summary of essential responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion. S. B. Ballard offers a competitive pay and benefit package. We are a drug-free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment. EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet Please submit resume’s to Tmessman@sbballard.com
- SUPERINTENDENT – Well Established and growing Commercial General Contractor looking for an experienced Superintendent to join our team. Successful candidate will have a minimum of (5) years’ experience managing City, State or Federal construction projects and have the ability to manage multiple subcontractors simultaneously, ensuring production, quality and safety standards are met. Must have good communication skills and be a team player. Great opportunity for the right individual. Compensation commensurate to experience. Please send resume with salary expectations and identify address as we are a HUBZone Certified Company to email@example.com
- PROJECT MANAGER – Comfort Systems of Virginia is one of the fastest growing mechanical groups in this area. We are looking for an experienced full-time employee to assist in this growth through Project Management. The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the construction project including procurement of materials and subcontractors, management of labor and the project schedule, enforcing safety policies, billing customers and following up on receivables, maintaining accurate projections of job costs, attending all job-related meetings and communicating with the Customer and Field Foreman regularly to ensure the project is completed on schedule and within budget and to the satisfaction of the customer. The roles and responsibilities of this position are as follows: Responsibilities – Project Start-Up – Attend the project turnover meeting with Estimating; Work with the Field Superintendent to ensure that the estimated production rates make sense and are achievable; Work with the Field Superintendent to develop a schedule with the correct logic and flow; Provide the Foreman a copy of the Contract Drawings/Plans/Addendums to review; Provide the Foreman a copy of the Budgeted Labor Hours and Task Codes allocated for the project; Hold a Pre-Construction meeting with the Superintendent and Foreman to review the project and address any questions or concerns the Foreman may have; Setup job budget for entry in accounting software; Create Schedule of Values for project billing; Review contract documents for potential cost savings; Negotiate with Vendors and generate Purchase Orders and Subcontracts; Request, review and forward submittals for approval; Project Implementation; Upon receipt of approved submittals, release materials and equipment to ensure delivery within the schedule requirements; Review contract documents and submit Requests for Information as necessary to ensure there is clear direction; Produce and submit Change Order Proposals as necessary for solicited and unsolicited requests for pricing; Visit the project and ensure that the work is being prosecuted within the constraints of the contract documents; Request/Attend meetings as necessary to ensure there is ample communication and coordination between, CSV, our subcontractors, the owner’s subcontractors and the owner’s representative; Invoice the Owner/Customer monthly per the contract documents; Review and update Cost to Complete monthly; Maintain/Update project schedule monthly; Analyze Job Cost Reports to identify potential cost overruns and make necessary adjustments to correct; Project Close-Out; Review punchlist and ensure timely completion of all defects; Schedule owner training as required; Ensure Operation & Maintenance Manuals and As Built drawings are completed and submitted prior to project completion; Hold a Close-Out Meeting with the Superintendent, Foreman and Estimator to review final job cost; • General Duties – Act as a liaison between CSV and our customer base; Attend weekly company meetings and provide input on job status and open items; Utilize construction software to manage and administer the projects; Utilize Estimation to perform take-off and pricing for Change Orders; Utilize Microsoft Office to produce letters, reports and other documentation necessary to prosecute the work. Requirements: Ability to work with a team at all levels of an organization; Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills; Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Proven management and leadership skills; Prior experience in project management preferred; Salary will be commensurate with experience. Comfort Systems offers a highly competitive employment package. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer health and dental insurance, 401(k), paid time off, holiday pay, training, apprenticeship programs, and advancement opportunities. A drug screening and background check will be performed. Comfort Systems of Virginia, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If you would like to find out more about our company and our team, please visit our website at www.comfortsystemsva.com.
- CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT/ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER – Bay Mechanical, Inc is looking for a highly qualified individual to join our Commercial Construction team as a Mechanical/Plumbing Superintendent/Assistant Project Manager. This person will be managing all phases of mechanical and plumbing system installation for our commercial construction division. Responsibilities include supervising, supporting and managing on-site construction from start to finish. Must possess a high level of integrity, technical competence, communication skills and an appetite for success. Bay Mechanical, Inc is committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. Essential job functions – supervise construction activities performed by staff and subcontractors; ensure work performed follows industry standard practices and codes; ensure job sites are safe and adhere to OSHA guidelines; able to read and interpret construction documents as required to execute, oversee, control and complete projects; provide detailed documentation of field activities, time tracking, progress, etc; must be able to travel and work various job sites, sometimes overnight. Bay Mechanical, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employee and promotes a drug free workplace. Applicants should visit our office at 2696 Reliance Drive, Virginia Beach to fill out an application. Please bring a copy of your resume and DMV driving report.
- PLUMBER TECHNICIAN – Need a change? Here at A1 Sewer & Drain, we have been providing comfort, safety, and healthy solutions to Hampton Roads residents and businesses for over 30 years. Job Title: Plumber Technician Reports to: General Manager / Operations Manager Work start and end time: Plumber hours vary greatly due to the demand service. A1’s normal business hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. During a normal day the plumber must be available to be dispatched to their first call by 8:00 am and must work until the manager or dispatcher dismisses them for the day. If the plumber is working after normal business hours, then they must contact the on-call technician to be dismissed. Some weekend and evening on call duty is required. Position Summary: This is manual work at the journeyman level in the installation, maintenance, and repair of plumbing for both residential and commercial. Work involves performance of skilled plumbing tasks in maintaining, repairing, and servicing fixtures and equipment. Routine maintenance, service, and repair work are performed independently. Required Qualifications: • Residential plumbing service and installation experience for at least 3 years • Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills • Strong finger and manual dexterity for handling pipes and plumbing fixtures • Detail-oriented, organized and proficient • Strong knowledge of local plumbing codes • Willing to work in all types of weather • Considerable knowledge of standard tools, methods, and materials of the plumbing trade • Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the work • Must have basic tools • Valid Driver’s license and good driving record. Physical Requirements: Lifting heavy objects, walking and standing for long periods of time and performing strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Pushing, pulling, or carrying objects; bending, stooping, kneeling, and crawling. Requires entry into some tight spaces. Qualifications desired: • Excellent verbal skills • Professional phone skills • Strong interpersonal skills • Energetic personality • Well organized and ability to work independently. To apply send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757-467-0000.
- APPOINTMENT CENTER SPECIALIST – The Appointment Center Specialist should enjoy customer service, have a sales mentality as well as be able to project an energetic attitude, warm welcome and positive image of Groundworks. The position is the primary telephone contact for all customer interactions, including making/answering calls, setting sales or service appointments, mailing customer information, and following up with customers on service issues. Coordinates workflow of all appropriate paperwork and phone calls regarding job proposals to include confirmation calls, using the business management software. Primary duties will include: Represents the Company through Customer Contact; Must be positive and motivated with excellent communications skills; Ability to adapt quickly to changes in work strategy; Telephone Interaction with Customers Inbound and Outbound Calls; Sets sales appointments; Sets annual maintenance/warranty appointments; Performs customer follow ups with a variety of information; Maintains Customer Information Records and updates computer-based customer information accurately and timely; Provides necessary information to inner-company resources; Distributes information as needed for company flow; Performs administrative duties; All other duties as necessary. Requirements: Typically possesses a High School Degree/GED; Previous call center/customer service experience highly desired; Customer Focus; Customer Service Sales mentality; Phone Skills; Excellent Oral/Verbal Communication; Excellent writing skills People Skills; Interpersonal, Savvy, Problem Solving, Data Entry Skills. To apply, send resume to: email@example.com
- SPRINKLER FOREMAN – Position available for an experienced sprinkler foreman. Send resume to BArthur@hillercompanies.com. 401K/Health Insurance/Short & Long Term Disability/Paid Vacation. Signing Bonus!
- ADMIN ASSISTANT (Yorktown) – Construction firm is looking for an Admin Assistant / Bookkeeper. Will consider full / part time. Prior bookkeeping experience is preferred. QUICKBOOKS, Microsoft Excel desired but not required. Would like a quick learner with time management skills must be able to multi-task and have organizational skills. We are looking for someone who is dependable, motivated, and pays attention to detail. Please respond with salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org We are an EEO employer.
- ESTIMATOR – Gaston Brothers Utilities, LLC is the future of underground utility construction in Hampton Roads; we have a rare opportunity for an experienced Construction Professional to join our team as an Estimator/Project Manager. The right person will have an abundance of leadership and experience in water, sewer, storm pipe construction. This is a high profile position with a salary and benefits to match. Resumes may be submitted confidentially to TPruitt@gbu-hr.com. GBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
- HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR – Blackwater is looking for an experienced and highly skilled operator that has excavated around utilities safely and efficiently. Operator must be competent in excavations deeper than 5 ft with use of shoring material. Operator will be responsible for movement of equipment to and from job sites. Operator will be expected to work in adverse conditions and long hours. Experience in operating the following equipment preferred: excavator, backhoe, skid steer, bulldozer, dump truck and auger truck. Operator must have a clean CDL driver’s license and background check. If operator does not have a valid CDL He or She will obtain a CDL permit within 6 months of employment. Blackwater Electric is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. For employment inquiries and/or to send a resume, please email email@example.com
- EXPERIENCED DRIVERS – Local company looking for 2 experienced drivers to drive truck and trailer for ground maintenance and plant installations. Must have valid driver’s license. Contact Chase Ward, Champion Land & Lawn General Contracting, 757-436-0225; firstname.lastname@example.org