Special advertising in the Bulletin allows you to add your products and services, and put a special, one-page “Flyer” up front in the weekly Bulletin. The cost is $100 for one week, $150 for two weeks, or $250 for four weeks. Call the Builders Exchange at 757-858-0680 for more information.
Please contact us when you no longer need your ad to be posted.
Internships / Apprenticeships
- Virginia Drywall, Inc. offers Apprenticeships in the following Trades: Metal Framers/Drywall Hangers and Finishers. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Contact: Brenda Guise at (757) 460-0999 or e-mail Brenda@va-drywall.com
- Comfort Systems of Virginia offers Apprenticeships in the following Trades: Sheet Metal Worker; Welder; Pipefitter; Plumber; & HVAC Technicians. Enrollment every June. Contact: Ashley Shelburne at (757) 558-6007 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT – Looking for a full-time position as a Commercial Construction Superintendent with a well-established General Contractor. Experienced in ground-up and renovations of commercial and industrial projects, both bid-build and design-build. OSHA 30 and First-Aid/CPR certifications. For full resume and references please contact me at email@example.com
COMMERCIAL ROOFING SALES REPRESENTATIVE – Looking for a top-notch salesperson to develop business for our service department, specifically our preventative maintenance service contract product. Sell to new and existing clients and schedule sales appointments via self-generated leads. Work in a business-to-business setting, covering an assigned territory and build a portfolio of accounts via prospecting and referrals. Requirements: Demonstrated success in sales, a strong record of achievement and a proven ability to achieve results, with a strong emphasis on developing a new client base; Ability to apply negotiation skills to a variety of sales situations; 3 – 5 years sales experience in roofing, construction or a related field; Ability to manage/qualify leads and close business through direct contact or over the phone; Excellent track record in developing relationships with a high degree of integrity and trust; Proficiency in Microsoft applications including SharePoint and CRM; Comfortable in a presentation setting / public speaking; Professional sales training methodology, such as Sandler; Solid project management skills. Tecta offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, paid time off, paid holidays, etc. Please contact: Robert Boyd, 757-974-8355, Email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMMERCIAL ROOFING ESTIMATOR AND SALES – Ducks Roofing Company Inc. has been providing Commercial Roofing Services in the Tidewater area of Virginia since 1976. We are currently seeking a qualified Estimator/Sales Person to join our team. Competitive salary and bonus based on experience and capabilities, paid time off, matching retirement plan and health insurance. We are an equal opportunity employer. Please email email@example.com for more information or to apply.
COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT – Balicore Construction, a subsidiary of The Miller Group is currently seeking a full time Commercial Construction Superintendent for our growing construction team located in Virginia Beach, VA. The ideal candidate will be an organized, dependable individual able to work full-time. The Superintendent shall be the responsible and competent day-to-day person assigned to the project/jobsite. The Superintendent is required to be physically present on the jobsite to manage daily construction operations. The project superintendent is required to frequently inspect and walk the jobsite to ensure subcontractor safety, coordination, and project quality. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: • Managing the day-to-day activities on the jobsite to ensure that the project milestones dates and overall schedule completion date is met. • Verifying that all work is installed per contract documents. • Manage and look-ahead proactively to identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions. • Obtaining all inspections and ensuring that the quality aspects of the physical work are fully documented. • Have a strong knowledge of fast-paced ground up and build out • Be responsible for the complete construction supervision and timeliness of your jobsite from start to finish • Inspect all work to ensure compliance with plans and specifications. • Must be able to assist subcontractors complete the job tasks as needed. • Provide the managerial and leadership skills necessary to accomplish the work by means of subcontractors and manage the day to day. • Establish a professional work environment that includes: fostering a positive atmosphere, promoting proactive and effective communication, facilitating problem solving and minimizing and resolving conflict in a constructive manner. • Coordinating the work to ensure that it is constructed in an orderly and deliberate manner that is consistent with the standard of care set forth in the contract documents. • Regularly inspects work for quality and timeliness. • Managing contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders and other agreements to ensure that the scope, terms, and conditions are consistently and proactively being met. • Conducting and/or participating in regularly held meetings involving TMG internal staff and external stake holders such as owners, subcontractors, etc. General Job site duties include but are not limited to: • Maintain a clean and safe work area. • Ensure job safety requirements are understood and implemented by all project personnel and trade contractors, working with the safety support personnel as a resource. Continually strives for zero injuries on all projects. • Make sure tools and equipment to their proper storage area at the end of each day and the project site is secured. • Conducting and/or attending pre-construction, progress and other project and staff meetings. • Managing the punch list and project closeout process to assure timely completion. • Ensure job site safety by actively walking the entire construction site and address any safety violations or other deficiencies. Qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Building Construction, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent is preferred. • Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in construction management. • Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills. • Strong written and oral communication skills. • Effective time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines. • A valid driver’s license. • Experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, CMIC Construction Management Software. • Commitment to excellence and to “do the right thing.” Benefits: • Competitive compensation with profit sharing opportunity • Matching 401K, full medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plan • Professional development, education assistance, or designation assistance. • Company social gatherings, paid holidays, and summer work hours. • No travel • Employee Assistance Program • Flexible Spending Account • Health Savings Account • Paid Time Off • Parental Leave • Tuition Reimbursement Balicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. Job Type: Full-time. Salary: From $95,000.00 per year. Benefits: • 401(k) • 401(k) matching • Dental insurance • Flexible spending account • Health insurance • Health savings account • Life insurance • Paid time off • Parental leave • Referral program • Vision insurance Experience level: • 5 years. Ability to Relocate: • Virginia Beach, VA 23454: Relocate before starting work (Required) Work Location: In person. Please visit our website at www.balicore.com to apply.
SUPERINTENDENT – Well Established and growing Commercial General Contractor looking for an experienced Superintendent to join our team. Successful candidate will have experience managing City and State construction projects and have the ability to manage multiple subcontractors simultaneously, ensuring production, quality and safety standards are met. Must have good communication skills and be a team player. Great opportunity for the right individual. Compensation commensurate to experience. Please send a resume with salary expectations. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PROJECT ENGINEER – Balicore Construction, a subsidiary of The Miller Group is currently seeking a Project Engineer for our growing construction team, located in Virginia Beach, VA. This position is an excellent opportunity to provide project management assistance in a fast-paced environment while developing new skills. The ideal candidate will be an organized, dependable individual able to work full-time. Responsibilities: Coordinate work with site subcontractors and/or direct the work of all trades assigned to a construction work site; Manage estimating and bidding processes and track costs to manage project budget; Participate in meetings to coordinate work and manage labor concerns; Ensure work is completed in accordance with quality standards and contract specifications; Implement project schedules including each task associated with project completion; Review project drawings, specifications, submittals, and change orders; Review each trade’s work progress with respect to each project phase; Provide field support to construction superintendents to help ensure contract compliance, quality control and maintenance of the site; Attend project progress meetings; Establish and maintain project records and documents; Track project phase completion against milestones; Ensure a safe work site; Document each phase of the project. Please apply on our website: www.balicore.com
- PROJECT MANAGER – Balicore is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our growing team in Virginia Beach, Va. We offer a great work life balance, competitive pay, and great benefits. Project Manager (PM) shall manage day-to-day construction operations for multiple projects. The PM will have experience and be responsible for managing small to midsize projects (100K to $1M). The position reports directly to the COO. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Support superintendents to ensure team members have the tools, labor, and trade partnerships to complete each job on budget, within the contractually obligated timeline [if not before], and within company’s quality standards; Manage multiple projects from pre-construction to punch out; Maintain constant, timely, and effective communication with clients, team members, subcontractors, and vendors; Support Senior Management with monthly pay application drafting, updating, and processing for each project, including corresponding with clients if there are any questions; Reinforce high quality safety measures and ensure safety policies are adhered to on job sites by both employees and subcontractors through oversight of Superintendents; Maintain and enforce construction standards and quality control which meet and/or exceed industry standards; Other tasks as assigned. Please apply on our website: www.balicore.com
- CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR – Balicore Construction, a subsidiary of The Miller Group, is currently seeking a Contract Administrator for our growing construction team, located in Virginia Beach, VA. This position is an excellent opportunity to provide administrative assistance in a fast-paced environment while developing new skills. The ideal candidate will be an organized, dependable individual able to work full-time. The Contract Administrator directs activities concerned with contracts for the construction department. The CA is responsible for preparing bid documents, and negotiating specifications for materials, equipment, or other construction services. The CA secures all necessary approvals and ensures that standard company procedures are followed and monitors compliance with contract requirements ensuring all conditions are satisfied before approval of the final invoice. The CA relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. The CA works under immediate supervision of the Administrative Services Manager and closely with the project managers/superintendents. Please apply on our website: www.balicore.com
COMMERCIAL MASONRY SUPERINTENDENTS – Wanted Commercial Masonry Superintendents for the Hampton Roads and Richmond Markets. MUST be competent and experienced. TOP PAY. email@example.com
- SUPERINTENDENT – Hoy Construction is a 100% employee-owned general contracting firm who has been in service for 90 years. The core principles of constructing buildings with pride, honesty and fairness has been our success in maintaining lasting relationships with clients, subcontractors, and suppliers. We are seeking a highly motivated Construction Superintendent to successfully manage a diverse range of private sector commercial construction projects in the Hampton Roads Area. Individuals with previous construction experience but aspiring to learn and elevate their career are preferred. • 5+ years of experience working in the construction industry (commercial preferred); • Comprehension of Building Construction Plans (Architectural, Structural, MEP, Civil); • Ability to utilize a critical path method (Gantt chart) to maintain the overall construction schedule of a project.; • Experience organizing inspections with City Officials and Special Inspections.; • Experience in managing wood framed construction could be beneficial but is not required.; • OSHA Certification, CPR & First Aid training are desired. Our firm offers competitive pay, healthcare, vacation, and unparalleled retirement benefits. Please contact: Will Crocker, 757.853.5557, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WORKING SUPERINTENDENT WITH CARPENTRY SKILLS – Riesbeck Contracting is a Commercial General Contractor in Hampton Roads that has been in business for over 20 years. We are seeking an Experienced Superintendent with carpentry skills. Successful candidate must have at least 10+ years commercial/government project field experience and no less than 5 years’ experience as a working superintendent. Must be able to pass a government security check. OSHA 30 hour and CPR/First Aid training a plus. Benefits include: company vehicle, paid holidays and vacation, 401k with company match. Salary is based on experience. Immediate hire. EOE and drug-free workplace. Please reply to: email@example.com
PROJECT MANAGER AND SUPERINTENDENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE – Tidewater Utility Construction is looking for experienced Project Managers and Superintendents to join our growing team! Project Manager Role – responsible for performance of assigned projects from project handoff to project close out and working closely with Project Administrators to ensure the project is being tracked with accuracy and in a timely manner. Superintendent Role – manages day to day operations of assigned projects as well as coordinating subcontractors, materials, and equipment. TUCI has excellent benefits, including company paid life insurance, short term disability, medical and dental insurance, paid time off, as well as 401k with company match. Candidates must have verifiable experience, a valid driver’s license and must pass a drug test upon hire. Call Katelyn at 757-902-6658 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PROJECT MANAGER ASSISTANT – HVAC and Plumbing company looking for a PMA to grow with the company. Work on submittals, specs, RFI’s, CO’s etc. Great pay, health and dental insurance, holidays, vacation. Experience preferred. Computer skills are needed. Send resume to: email@example.com