Special advertising in the Bulletin allows you to add your products and services, and put a special, one-page “Flyer” up front in the weekly Bulletin. The cost is $100 for one week, $150 for two weeks, or $250 for four weeks. Call the Builders Exchange at 757-858-0680 for more information.
Please contact us when you no longer need your ad to be posted.
Internships / Apprenticeships
- Nothing at this time
- Virginia Drywall, Inc. offers Apprenticeships in the following Trades: Metal Framers/Drywall Hangers and Finishers. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Contact: Brenda Guise at (757) 460-0999 or e-mail Brenda@va-drywall.com
- Comfort Systems of Virginia offers Apprenticeships in the following Trades: Sheet Metal Worker; Welder; Pipefitter; Plumber; & HVAC Technicians. Enrollment every June. Contact: Ashley Shelburne at (757) 558-6007 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
PROPOSAL PREPARER – Experienced construction industry professional, over 20 years’ experience, available to prepare Sources Sought and Technical Proposal submissions. Services to include preparing APP & QC Plans, and all administrative needs from contract award to project closeout. Remote work on a 1099 basis. CJMS Contracting, LLC. Contact me at Phone: (757) 469-3667, Email: email@example.com
SAFETY MANAGER – Certified in OSHA 30, OSHA courses #510 and #500, First Aid/CPR/AED, Fall Protection, Excavation & Trenching, Confined Space, and Silica. Looking to utilize my knowledge of Occupational Health, Safety, and Environmental regulations to ensure a safe workplace environment. Please contact: Sharon Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org (Resume on file at BCEVA)
- CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT – Well-seasoned, full charge superintendent looking for a position with a well-established company. Experienced in ground-up and renovations for commercial, industrial, and DOD projects. OSHA 30, FA & CPR, recertification in COE CQM no problem. If interested, please contact me at Consup2022@yahoo.com
COMMERCIAL ELECTRICIANS AND HELPERS – We are seeking electricians with all levels of commercial electrical experience. Our office is in Norfolk, VA. We perform large Commercial electrical work throughout Hampton Roads. We offer company-sponsored health and life insurance, paid time off and holiday benefits. Reliable transportation and smart phone required. Position requires travel to various job sites. – Commercial electrical experience is a plus – Cutting, bending, threading, and running 1/2″ & 3/4″, 1″ electrical conduit materials. – Experience bending offsets, 3 points, 4 points, saddles, kicks, 90’s, etc. – Pulling electrical wiring through electrical conduit. – Be able to Read Blueprints. – Assisting in terminating electrical panels, set fixtures, outlets, and various electrical devices. – Must be dependable and willing to complete the project from start to finish. – Other assigned tasks and duties as assigned. – Must be dependable and able to work well on a team – OSHA / DOT certifications are a plus – Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. – Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. – We will provide safety training. – There will be some on-site customer interaction. Customer service and the ability to communicate with our customers is mandatory. *MUST HAVE TOOLS* Please contact: Mike Loyd Email: Mloyd@mikeandmike.net
ELECTRICAL SERVICE TECH – We are seeking an electrical service tech with all levels of commercial electrical experience. Our office is in Norfolk, VA, but we are looking for people willing to work in Newport News, Williamsburg, and Richmond. We perform large Commercial electrical work throughout Hampton Roads. We offer company-sponsored health and life insurance, paid time off and holiday benefits. Reliable transportation and smart phone required. Position requires travel to various job sites. – Commercial electrical experience is a plus – Cutting, bending, threading, and running 1/2″ & 3/4″, 1″ electrical conduit materials. – Experience bending offsets, 3 points, 4 points, saddles, kicks, 90’s, etc. – Pulling electrical wiring through electrical conduit. – Be able to Read Blueprints. – Assisting in terminating electrical panels, set fixtures, outlets, and various electrical devices. – Must be dependable and willing to complete the project from start to finish. – Other assigned tasks and duties as assigned. – Must be dependable and able to work well on a team – OSHA / DOT certifications are a plus – Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. – Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. – We will provide safety training. – There will be some on-site customer interaction. Customer service and the ability to communicate with our customers is mandatory. *MUST HAVE TOOLS* Please contact: Mike Loyd Email: Mloyd@mikeandmike.net
ASPHALT PAVING FORMAN – Peninsula Paving, Inc. is looking to hire a new Asphalt Paving Foreman. We are a small paving company and there is a lot of growth potential for the right person. Competitive pay and full benefits including health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401k. No nights/weekends/travel. Performance bonuses. Call 757-247-5908, if interested.
MASTER ELECTRICIAN – Immediate Need. Expert Solar Pros, is seeking a Master Electrician to join our team. We are looking for good help for a long-term employment opportunity with a company that cares about its employees. Our ideal candidate is dependable, has reliable transportation, has a great work ethic, and is ready for immediate employment. Hard Working; Problem Solving; Know how to use power tools; Configure wiring; Driver License; Ability to work on roofs if needed ;Excellent Benefit package. $100K Starting Salary. Please contact: Geoff Cask – Phone: 804-614-6066.
EXPERIENCED COMMERCIAL DOOR INSTALLER – The leading commercial door, frame, and hardware distributor is looking for motivated, responsible door installers. Candidates must have at least 5 years of hands-on, on-site commercial construction experience, clear communication skills, experience and familiarity reading installation instructions, construction drawings & specifications, understanding of safety practices to ensure a safe work environment, and compliance with corporate policy, OSHA, and other governing agencies. Metal stud framing and/or welding experience A plus. Other requirements: • a good (not necessarily spotless) driving record • ability to pass a military background check to gain access to job sites • ability to pass non-marijuana, oral swab drug test. Reply to: email@example.com.
CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT – Mark Turner Construction, LLC is hiring for a Commercial Construction Superintendent. We are looking for an individual that is experienced in all aspects of construction. The Superintendent must have knowledge of construction drawings, methods, materials, and regulations. Must be familiar with computers, reporting, online collaboration, and scheduling. The qualified individual will be responsible for safety, daily reports, managing subcontractors, planning, and scheduling work, and maintaining client relationships. The Superintendent is preferred to have five years on-site construction experience, OSHA 30, CPR, CQC certification. Mark Turner Construction offers a full benefits package and is an EEO employer. Contact Nickie Fogleman at 804-998-0068 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PROJECT MANAGER ASSISTANT – HVAC and Plumbing company looking for a PMA to grow with the company. Work on submittals, specs, RFI’s, CO’s etc. Great pay, health and dental insurance, holidays, vacation. Experience preferred. Computer skills are needed. Send resume to: email@example.com
- FULL CHARGE BOOKKEEPER – Established Marine government contractor located in Norfolk is seeking a full-time bookkeeper/HR Manager. The individual must have excellent organizations skills, attention to detail, ability to follow verbal and written instructions, and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks Desktop. Duties include and not limited to prepare financial statements, handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings, reconcile accounts payable and receivable, manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements, maintain complete and accurate general ledger, maintain accounts payable & accounts receivables, prepare bank and credit card reconciliations monthly, Payroll – calculating time cards, entering time, processing payroll checks, paying payroll taxes, garnishments, etc., for approximately 5 employees. Process all quarterly and yearly payroll tax returns, including W-2’s, Prepare any insurance reports, workmen’s comp, etc. Handle human resources and work closely with insurance agent on employee benefits. This position also performs other non-routine administrative duties. Candidate must be able to work in a dog friendly environment. Please email your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ESTABLISHED HVAC/R COMPANY SEEKING ESTIMATOR – Local HVAC/R company with over 50 years of experience specializing in retrofit projects is seeking a self-led Bid/Estimator Specialist to secure commercial projects. The ideal candidate will be pro-active, detail oriented, highly organized with great written and communications skills. Key responsibilities: BIDDING: Tracking new jobs to bid from multiple sources; Obtaining and managing all bidding documents; Maintaining bid calendar; Attending pre-bid meetings as necessary; Managing bid processes through an approved bidding system (document management, subcontractor outreach & communication); Assembling bid package to include all elements outlined in the instructions to bidders; Ordering bid bonds; Follow up with subcontractors to ensure bid coverage; Hand delivering bids as necessary. SUBMITTALS: Creating and maintaining submittal log; Attending pre and post meetings; Coordinating submittals for work to be self-performed by the company; Subcontractor outreach and follow-up to ensure submittals are processed in a timely manner; Coordination/collaboration with the PM; Processing and follow-up of RFIs; Project closeout. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of 5 years commercial HVAC/R project management and procurement experience; Excellent organizational, written & verbal communications skills with a proactive approach to follow-up, detail oriented and possess the ability to work independently and in tangent with. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Please email your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
- ELECTRICAL PROJECT MANAGER/ESTIMATOR – REW Corporation has an immediate position for a Estimator/Project Manager, Family Owned Company with excellent pay and benefits. Responsibilities include Electrical estimating and Project management of projects sized up to $20M, Submittal review, develop Project Schedules, attend project meetings and work closely with General Contractors. Must be proficient with NEC Code, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Bluebeam Studio. BIM, Visio, and Estimation software experience is a plus. Contact Terri McIntosh, Phone: 1-757-686-0800 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SHEET METAL MECHANICS – The Canada Co LLC is now hiring Sheet Metal Mechanics and Helpers. We offer apprenticeship, benefits package, paid holidays and vacation. Please send resume to email@example.com or call (757)465-2110
- CAD OPERATOR – Hiller has an opening for a CAD operator to join our fire alarm design team in Chesapeake, VA. Submit resume to BArthur@hillercompanies.com Excellent opportunity for growth. 401Kwith company match/Health Insurance/Short Term & Long Term Disability, PTO….fun and rewarding work environment. Hiller is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- FIRE ALARM DESIGNER – Ask About Our Sign On Bonus! Hiller has a position available for an experienced fire alarm designer to join our Chesapeake, VA team. Must be detailed oriented and have previous experience designing fire alarm systems. NICET Certification is a plus! 401K/Health Insurance/Paid Leave/Fun Work Environment! Email BArthur@hillercompanies.com
- CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR – Trident Civil is looking for a full-time Contract Administrator/ Project Coordinator. They provide administrative support to the construction department in areas of bidding, contracts, submittals, permits, miss utility, project start-up and closeouts. This position also performs other non-routine administrative duties. Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- EXTERIOR PAINTING / FIRST CLASS PART-TIME / FULL TIME POSITION IN NORFOLK, VA. AREA – Looking for “First Class Exterior Painter, with experience in all phases, Exterior Paint Work.” Need to provide references with phone numbers. I need help with many long term projects on Residential Rental Properties, good pay with flexible hours. Must have Good DMV and Reliable Transportation. Please email your work history, references with phone numbers (resume Helpful) to: email@example.com
- FIRE ALARM SERVICE COORDINATOR – Position available to join our service department as a Fire Alarm Service Coordinator. Responsible for scheduling fire alarm system inspections and repairs with our customers, assigning to technicians, and coordinating all tasks associated with that. Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Excellent Opportunity! Previous experience scheduling service and knowledge of fire alarm systems a plus!
- EIFS STUCCO MECHANICS – Virginia EIFS, Inc. is looking for EIFS/STUCCO Mechanics and Helpers with experience. Candidates should be able to work as a Team as well as Independently. Having your own tools, a plus. Other Benefits include Health Ins. with Employer contribution; 401(K) with Profit Sharing; Paid Vacation after 1 Year. Submit resume to: Brenda@Va-Drywall.com
- SAFETY OFFICER – E. G. Middleton is looking for a job specific safety officer. Work is comprised of pulling cable through manholes and up poles. Will need experience with confined space and LOTO training. OSHA 10 min. required. Submit resume to: email@example.com
- CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT – Virginia Drywall, Inc. is a Commercial Construction Co. in Hampton Rds. VA operating with over 40 Years’ experience. We are seeking Experienced Construction Superintendents with at least 5 Years of Experience. Knowledge of Project Supervision for heavy gauge & light gauge metal framing, trusses, Drywall insulation, ACT ceilings, as well as Commercial & Federal Projects is beneficial. Benefit Package includes Company vehicle, Health Ins., Paid Vacation, Personal Leave, 401(K) & Profit Sharing. Compensation will be based on previous experience. Apply by email to: Brenda@Va-Drywall.com or call 757-460-0999.
- SUB-CONTRACTORS NEEDED – Coastal Development Company is a Site Contractor working in the Southeastern areas of Virginia from Richmond to Virginia Beach. We are currently in need of subcontractors to provide bids for upcoming projects in the area for the following scopes: 1. Cast in Place Concrete (Flatwork, Curb & Gutter, Slabs/foundations) 2. Cast in Place Concrete (Storm Structures/Manholes) 3. Asphalt Paving/patching 4. Striping/Signage. Please reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757-319-5088.
- CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER – TST Construction is seeking a Construction Project Manager. The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing construction projects within the decided-upon budget, timeline, and scope. They will also effectively monitor and present project updates to relevant stakeholders, clients, or project team members. Please send resume to email@example.com
- COMMERCIAL MASONRY SUPERINTENDENTS – Wanted Commercial Masonry Superintendents for the Hampton Roads, Richmond, and Northern Virginia Markets. MUST be competent and experienced. TOP PAY. firstname.lastname@example.org
- CONSTRUCTION PROJECT ENGINEER – Immediate opening for a Project Engineer, BS in Construction Management, Engineering or similar is desired. Exciting opportunity to learn from industry leaders and grow with a well-respected and dynamic firm. Responsibilities include Schedules, Work Plans, Submittals, RFIs, Change Orders, Work with Blue Beam drawing details, Salary Range – $55K to 65K with excellent benefits, full health insurance, bonus etc. EOE, Email resume to: email@example.com
- SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER – Balicore Construction, a subsidiary of The Miller Group is seeking a Senior Project Manager for our construction unit, located in Virginia Beach, VA. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for multiple projects ranging in value from under $1 million up to $30 million, from inception through to completion. Pre-Construction experience is a plus. Strong leadership, problem solving, project management, and communication skills are essential. Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER – The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Project Manager in the execution of assigned construction projects. The right individual for this position will have a basic understanding of construction, the ability to react quickly to changing conditions and will display strong communication skills. This person needs to be as passionate about taking care of our customers as this is the number one goal and driving force behind our business. Responsibilities include and are not limited to: Provide support to the Project Manager for multiple aspects of the project including cost, progress tracking, QA/QC, RFI’s and submittals. Participate and provide input into takeoffs, budgeting, procurement, pull planning, scheduling, and production tracking. Minimum of 2-5 years of assistant project management experience in construction or a bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field. Basic knowledge in construction project management, OSHA, and safety codes/practices. Overall computer skills, proficient with Excel, Word, Bluebeam Software, Procore, and downloading documents. Job Type: Full-time. Send resume’s to – Mail: Sprinkle Masonry, Inc., 4217 Bainbridge Blvd., Chesapeake, VA 23324; Email: email@example.com
- PM ASSISTANT/SUBMITTALS/BID COORDINATOR – Local Hampton Roads general contractor is looking to hire a self-confident, pro-active, energetic self-starter who is a master at multi-tasking, detail oriented, highly organized with great communications skills. Successful candidate must be an “all in” team player with a positive attitude. Key responsibilities include: BIDDING: Tracking new jobs to bid from multiple sources; Obtaining and managing all bidding documents; Maintaining bid calendar; Attending pre-bid meetings as necessary; Managing bid processes through SmartBid (document management, subcontractor outreach & communication); Assembling bid package to include all elements outlined in the instructions to bidders; Ordering bid bonds; Follow up with subcontractors to ensure bid coverage; Hand delivering bids as necessary SUBMITTALS: Creating and maintaining submittal log; Attending in-house pre-construction meeting; Coordinating submittals for work to be self-performed by the company; Subcontractor outreach and follow-up to ensure submittals are processed in a timely manner; Coordination/collaboration with the PM; Processing and follow-up of RFIs; Project closeout KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of 3 years commercial construction experience; Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat DC; Excellent organizational, written & verbal communications skills with a proactive approach to follow-up, detail oriented and possess the ability to prioritize and handle multiple project tasks; Must be able to work independently with self-initiative and self-motivation. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Please email your resume and salary requirements to HRGCHiringMgr@gmail.com.
- PROJECT MANAGER ASSISTANT/CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR – TST Roofing is hiring a Project Manager Assistant/Contract Administrator for their Repair Division. The Project Manager Assistant/Contract Administrator assists with the planning, organization, contract administration, and management of the day-to-day operations of roofing projects and ongoing roofing repair work orders from the award of the project through closeout, as well as any other responsibilities that support and aid the Project Management team. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DEVELOPMENT CONSTRUCTION MANAGER – The Construction Manager will interact directly with the Development team, as well as manage the work of outside contractors. The Construction Manager will conduct business in both an office environment (plan review, budgeting, contracts, meetings, etc.) and in the field (day to day construction supervision, quality inspections, site inspections, permit offices, etc.). Please email resumes to email@example.com
- PURCHASING AGENT/HVAC/PLUMBING – Davken Mechanical needs a purchasing agent for a mechanical and plumbing company. Some type of experience with the trade or purchasing would be suggested. Career advancement with in. Great pay, health and dental insurance holidays, vacation and signing bonus after 90 days. Please call Anna 757-333-7248 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLUMBING SUPERINTENDENT – Davken Mechanical looking for a Plumbing Superintendent. Run several crews and jobs. Needs to have 5 years of Superintendent experience. Team player and motivates employees to bring job in on time and within budget. Pay based on experience, health and dental insurance, paid holidays, and paid vacation. Truck or truck allowance with gas card. Signing bonus after 90 days. Please call Anna 757-333-7248 or email email@example.com
- GC CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT – TDSC is looking to hire a Construction Superintendent. This position requires the candidate to provide on-site coordination for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety. Valid driver’s license and decent driving record. OSHA 30/CPR-First Aid/QC Certifications all preferred. Please send resume and salary requirements. Minimum of three years of verifiable experience, thorough knowledge of trades and be computer literate. Experience in general contracting required. Full benefits package. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEM INSPECTOR – Position available for experienced sprinkler inspector. Must be NICET Level II or higher. Excellent opportunity and sign on bonus is available. Submit resume to BArthur@hillercompanies.com. Health Insurance/401K with company match/Short Term & Long Term Disability/Paid Vacation Hiller Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- PMA/CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR – The Miller Group is looking for a Construction PMA/Contract Administrator. The PMA/CA provides administrative support to the PM team in the day-to-day planning, managing, and contract administration of all projects from start-up to closeout. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparing and submitting Bid Packages, Owner Contracts, Subcontracts & POs, Change Orders, Submittals, Permits, Pay Applications, RFIs, RFPs, and Closeout Documents. 3 years’ PMA/CA experience in general contracting or civil construction preferred. Please send resume to email@example.com.
- ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER – Local construction management firm seeking a full time position for Assistant Project Manager. Must have a minimum of 3 years-experience in managing commercial, hard-bid and design-build projects. Candidates with a BS in Engineering and/or Construction Management preferred. EOE. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- COMMERCIAL SUPERINTENDENT – Commercial General Contractor seeking for an experienced Commercial Superintendent. Responsible for managing the job site and subcontractors. Must be able to maintain a safe and clean job site. 5-10 years of experience working for a general contractor preferred. Submit resume to email@example.com
- CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER – TDSC has an opening for a Construction Project Manager. Responsibilities include customer interface and ensuring customer satisfaction; developing means and methods; analyzing and competitively buying out subcontractor services and material purchases; reviewing proposed designs for constructability, value-engineering, contract negotiations; creating, updating, and enforcing project schedules; problem-solving; coordinating project meetings as needed; keeping project records and documents; managing project cost; managing change orders, managing submittals and other necessary project documents and physically inspecting projects to monitor progress and compliance with project standards. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org